After signing in at the Registration Desk, you will be given:
- These Audition Instructions: Please read this carefully.
- Audition Application: Please print and be sure to fill in completely including conflict information.
- Numbered Label: Please remove the backing and put the label on the left side of your chest.
After you have fully completed your application, you will:
- Turn it into the Completed Applications Desk with resume & headshot (if available).
- Have a photograph made with your application number.
- Wait quietly to be called to learn your dance sequence with 8-9 other actors.
After you have learned your dance sequence, the Audition Runner will take your group into the Audition Room in reverse numbered order, and you will sit down according to their instructions.
When you are called for your audition, you will:
- Walk up onto the stage and give your music cd or thumb drive to the Music Operator letting them know about any special instructions.
- Go to center stage and stand on the “X”.
- State 1) your name; 2) the show your monologue is from; 3) the name of your song and; 4) the show it is from. (Example: My name is Jane Doe , and I’ll be singing Tomorrow from Annie and my monologue is from Little Women .)
- Perform your monologue and then your song. You have about 3 minutes to perform your audition pieces.
- When you have finished your audition pieces, remain on the stage until the director or stage manager releases you. They may ask you to perform your monologue or song differently to see how well you take direction.
When you are released to leave the stage:
- Get your music cd or thumb drive from the Music Operator.
- Go and sit quietly on the next row up according to the Audition Runner’s instructions until everyone in your group has completed their auditions.
When everyone has completed their auditions, your whole group will then return to the stage to perform your dance audition. After everyone has completed their individual auditions and the dance sequence, you will be released to go. We will contact everyone regarding casting within one week following auditions.