Hello actors and Primary Players families –
We are holding auditions for our next BIG musical…Matilda, Jr.!!
Actor Auditions are on Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 13 and 14 starting at 5:30 p.m. at First United Methodist Church – Maryville, 804 Montvale Station Road. (Please contact the director, John Cherry, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you want to audition but cannot on either of those dates.)
– Go to 2021 Matilda Audition Registration to fill out the information for the form and indicate the time slots you are available. DANCERS INDICATE THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DANCE ONLY ROLES.
– Our AWESOME Stage Manager Traci Giebudowski (email@example.com) will email you with your block appointment time.
– Audition times begin at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 13th and Tuesday the 14th in 30-minute blocks. We will have blocks of 8 actors at a time auditioning.
Callbacks will be on Sunday, Sept. 19th at 1:30 p.m. at Broadway Center for the Arts, 1402 E Broadway Ave, Maryville.
- Wear comfortable but nice attire and shoes. No flip-flops, sandals, crocs, etc.
- Auditions will consist of a short monologue and song:
- No longer than 1 minute each for monologue and song
- Age appropriate
- Bring music to accompany the audition on CD, MP3, or thumb drive. No a capella selections will be permitted.
- Minimal dance requirement. We will have a short choreography combo to learn and demonstrate.
- Bring resume and headshot if available.
- Also, be prepared to read a short passage in the British accent of your choice. For example, you can use Cockney or British RP (Received Pronunciation). Here are two links that might help you prepare:
– We will cast between 30-35 actors for roles in this production. You can find more about the roles at Matilda Character Details.
We are committed to producing high quality productions, teaching our cast members all about theatre, and having fun. It’s important for both child actors and their families to understand they are committing to a team creative process, including preparing for and attending all rehearsals. Auditionees should list all conflicts with the rehearsal schedule on the audition form. The director will make every attempt to work around conflicts whenever possible.
ORIENTATION/FIRST REHEARSAL: Monday, Sept. 27, 6-8 p.m.
REHEARSAL DATES: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays (6-8 p.m.) beginning 9/27/21.
NOT ALL ACTORS WILL BE CALLED FOR ALL REHEARSALS (it is paramount you provide an accurate list of conflicts on your audition form). We will have the ability to work around some conflicts, but once a rehearsal schedule is set based on conflicts, we must be able to count on it.
TECH and PERFORMANCE WEEK: January 2-9, 2022. No absences allowed during Tech and Performance Week.
If cast in Matilda, Jr., there is a production fee of $50 per actor ($25 for each additional sibling)payable online, due at or before the first meeting. If any family needs to discuss the fee, please do so only with Producer Neil Stiles. Primary Players is a 501(c)3 non-profit, but we never want a financial burden to deter an actor from participating.
Performance dates are January 6 – 9, 2022 at the Clayton Center for the Arts on the Maryville College campus.
We hope to see you at auditions!