We are holding auditions for our next BIG musical…CATS, Young Actors Edition!!
Auditions are on Saturday, May 14 (at First United Methodist Church – Maryville, 804 Montvale Station Road) AND Saturday, May 21 at a location TBA. Audition times begin at 9:00 a.m. on each day in 30-minute blocks. We will have blocks of 8 actors at a time auditioning. (Please contact the director, John Cherry, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you want to audition but cannot on either of those dates.)
– To register, email Stage Manager Traci Giebudowski at email@example.com to indicate the time slots you are available. She will reply with your block appointment time and the registration form for you to bring to auditions.
– Audition times begin at 9:00 a.m. on each day in 30-minute blocks. We will have blocks of 8 actors at a time auditioning.
There will not be callbacks for this production. We will cast the show from the initial auditions.
- Wear comfortable but nice attire and shoes. No flip-flops, sandals, crocs, etc. Be ready to MOVE.
- Auditions will consist of a song from the musical (links provided on the Cats Character Information page):
- Music will be provided for you to sing to. No a capella selections will be permitted.
- Select the song for the character you would like to be considered for OR sing one of the songs for Ensemble.
- There is a dance requirement. We will have a short choreography combo to learn and demonstrate. Actors will also be challenged to demonstrate the ability to move in a freestyle, cat-like fashion.
- Bring your audition form, resume and headshot if available.
– We will cast between 30-35 actors for roles in this production. You can find more about the roles at [Cats Character Information].
Primary Players are committed to producing high quality productions, teaching our cast members all about theatre, and having fun. It’s important for both child actors and their families to understand they are committing to a team creative process, including preparing for and attending all rehearsals. Auditionees should list all conflicts with the rehearsal schedule (see below) on the audition form. The director will make every attempt to work around conflicts whenever possible.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We are casting this show in May so we have the ability to conduct workshops over the Summer as cast members are available. Workshops for makeup, hair/wigs, costumes, movement…all of these will be announced soon. It is NOT mandatory to attend the workshops, but it will help us put together a much higher quality production by working over the Summer.
ORIENTATION/FIRST REHEARSAL: Tuesday, Sept. 27, 6-8 p.m.
REHEARSAL DATES: Tuesdays and Thursdays (6-8 p.m.) beginning 9/28/22. We will add Monday rehearsals beginning no later than Nov. 7th.
NOT ALL ACTORS WILL BE CALLED FOR ALL REHEARSALS (it is paramount you provide an accurate list of conflicts on your audition form). We will have the ability to work around some conflicts, but once a rehearsal schedule is set based on conflicts, we must be able to count on it.
TECH and PERFORMANCE WEEK: January 8-15, 2023. No absences allowed during Tech and Performance Week.
If cast in CATS, Young Actors Edition, there is a production fee of $50 per actor ($25 for additional sibling) asked for at the first meeting. If any family needs to discuss the fee, please do so only with Producer Neil Stiles. Primary Players is a 501(c)3 non-profit, but we never want a financial burden to deter an actor from participating.
Performance dates are January 12 – 15, 2023 at the Clayton Center for the Arts on the Maryville College campus.
We hope to see you at auditions!