- This event has passed.
AUDITIONS: You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown
April 6, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 11:59 pm
– Open auditions for all roles in You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown, produced by Primary Players Children’s Theatre Group.
– Open to all actors ages 8-18.
– Auditions will consist of prepared monologue, prepared song, & basic choreography.
– Monologue should be memorized, no more than 1 minute in length, comedic, & age appropriate.
– Song should be memorized, no more than 1 minute in length, age appropriate, cd or mp3 file accompaniment (no acapella) & not from this show.
– Resume & Head Shot are helpful, but not mandatory.
– Rehearsals begin April 9th, Tuesday and Thursday nights until May when rehearsals also include Monday nights, 6-8 p.m.
– All rehearsal conflicts must be listed on audition form.
– Performances will be at William Blount High School, June 6th-9th, with tech week rehearsals, June 3rd-5th. ALL PERFORMANCES AND TECH WEEK REHEARSALS ARE MANDATORY.
– You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown is directed by John Cherry, with music director Kristy Weekley, & choreographer Susie Smith.
Questions about auditions should be emailed to the director at email@example.com.
Charles Schulz’s beloved comic comes to life in Clark Gesner’s classic musical, You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown. The whole gang is here: bossy Lucy is hopelessly in love with piano prodigy Schroeder who doesn’t give her the time of day, perfectionist Sally is still mocking blanket-toting Linus, Snoopy is in the doghouse, and “blockhead,” himself, Charlie Brown, is in rare form. Brief vignettes span the months from Valentine’s Day to Beethoven Day, from wild optimism to utter despair. In this revised version, with additional music and lyrics by Andrew Lippa and dialogue by Michael Mayer, the sweet, joyful innocence of the Peanuts gang is maintained, but a fresh insouciance and playfulness is revealed. The new script features two new songs, particularly funny dialogue, and new, catchy orchestrations. Whether you’re keen to fly with the Red Baron, moon over the Moonlight Sonata, or just do your best to find “Happiness,” You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown is a crowd-pleasing classic.