Hello actors and Primary Players families –
Auditions are on Saturday, Sept. 12th starting at 9 a.m. on Zoom. (Please contact the director, John Cherry, at email@example.com, if you want to audition but cannot on that date.)
– Go to [2020 Audition Form] to fill out the information for the form and indicate the time slots you are available.
– Our AWESOME Stage Manager Traci Giebudowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) will email you with your Zoom appointment time. If you have head shots or an acting resume, you can then email her those documents.
– Audition times begin at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 12th in 10 minute increments.
Callbacks will be in person on Saturday, Sept. 19th at a time and location to be determined.
Auditions are open to kids 8-18, and will consist of a short monologue and song:
– No longer than 1 minute each for monologue and song
– Age appropriate
– Also, be prepared to read a short passage in the British accent of your choice. For example, you can use Cockney or British RP (Received Pronunciation). Here are two links that might help you prepare:
We will perform the show with accents as much as possible.
Although being able to speak in a British accent is not paramount, we would like to hear an accent so we can determine which actor best fits which role.
– We will cast between 25-30 actors for roles in this production. You can find more about the roles at [Character List].
– There is a production fee for this show to help offset costs and fees. The fee will not exceed $50 per child. The fee only applies to actors who are cast in the show.
Performance dates are January 7 – 10, 2021 at the Clayton Center for the Arts on the Maryville College campus.
We will be following strict COVID-19 procedures to ensure the safety of our actors, crew and volunteers. If needed, the show will be performed with face shields. You can hear more about our safety protocols and plans for rehearsals and performances at our first meeting with cast and crew.
Rehearsals will begin Monday, Sept. 28th. Rehearsals will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 6 – 8 p.m. NOT ALL ACTORS WILL BE CALLED FOR ALL REHEARSALS (it is paramount you provide an accurate list of conflicts on your audition form). We will have the ability to work around some conflicts, but once a rehearsal schedule is set based on conflicts, we must be able to count on it. Tech week begins on Sunday, January 3, 2021. There are no approved absences beginning on that date.
We hope to see you at auditions.